Time for a Big Girl Room Change | Organizing Made Fun: Time for a Big Girl Room Change

Friday, January 11, 2013

Time for a Big Girl Room Change

My sweet little girl is growing up! We moved into this house and she was just 2 1/2 years old and she wanted PINK as her room color! Well, she's turning 9 next week and she's no longer happy with her pink room. 




This is her sweet, cute room a year after we moved in here. It was so sweet and cute - perfect for a three year old!



Then, a few years ago I bought her a little more sophisticated of a comforter to help make it a little grown up - moving the soft pink to bright pink! Well, now she doesn't like pink at all anymore. I must say, I'm the same way! After a few years of something being one way, I change my taste. I want to rearrange. I want something new! I'm that way with clothes, too! So, I told her for her 9th birthday this month {and Christmas} I would give her a mini-makeover and repaint her room. She now LOVES turquoise. 



Here is a little mood-board I made for her room makeover. Some of it I plan to make, others I will just buy. Who am I kidding? I don't have time to make that much - and I'm not much of a seamstress. Thankfully my mom IS and can help out with the sewing, should I need it! Here is what we plan to do:


  • Paint walls Sherwin Williams Misty Gray
  • Bedding {duvet cover} from Pottery Barn Teen
  • Turquoise rug from Target
  • Assorted pillows I found at Home Goods
  • Possible butterfly picture to either copy or buy {it was a little $$ than I wanted to pay, so we'll see}
  • Idea for how to re-do her nightstand lamps or get some thrift store ones to change up
  • A Cutting Edge Stencil {with a giveaway coming soon}
  • Ikea Expedit turned on it's side to make a window seat
  • MAYBE replace her ceiling fan with some kind of fun lighting -- I just can't find pretty/cute ceiling fans that I like so I found this pretty light above
  • Doing something to her headboard. It's wood and she says it hurts her to sit up in bed to read. So, I have some ideas.
I will be updating you on all this as I get it done and pictured. We have gotten some done, but there is much left to do. It's not like HGTV where you do it all in two days and have a big room reveal! What do you think?



Pin It
 

 Like what you see here? Consider becoming a follower or subscribe via email! Are you an Organized Reader? I'd love to see your organized space. Email me HERE and show me your space to possibly be featured as one of my Organized Readers. 

Parties:

  Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Check
Connect with me:
Follow OrganizeMadeFun on Twitter Follow Me on Pinterest http://www.buttonshut.com
Google Plus for OMF beckyb_omf Bloglovin’ OMF OMF Facebook page